• Lower carbon dioxide (and other greenhouse gases) released into the atmosphere in power generation.
• Low operating costs (relatively).
• Known, developed technology “ready” for market.
• Large power-generating capacity able to meet industrial and city needs (as opposed to low – power technologies like solar that might meet only local, residential, or office needs but cannot generate power for heavy manufacturing).
Example: Nuclear Power (continued)
• Existing and future nuclear waste can be reduced through waste recycling and reprocessing, similar to Japan and the EU (at added cost).