• See Code Requirement.
• Hinged shower doors shall open outward.
• (IRC P2708.1)
• Minimize thresholds at the shower entry to no more than 1/2 inch (13 mm).
ICC A117.1-2009 Requirement
• Shower compartment thresholds should be no more than 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch(6 mm to 13 mm) high.
• Changes in level between 1/4 inch high and 1/2 inch (6 mm and 13 mm) high should be beveled with a slope not steeper than 1:2.
bathroom planning guideline 17 Steps
• Steps should not be placed outside a tub.
• If steps are used a grab bar/handrail is mandatory.
• Bathroom Guideline recommendation meets Access Standard.