All GFCI receptacles should be located at electrical appliance points of use.
• At least one GFCI-protected receptacle must be installed within 36 inches (914 mm) of the outside edge of the lavatory.
• (IRC E3901.6)
• All receptacles must be protected by ground-fault circuit interrupters.
• (IRC 3902.1)
• A receptacle shall not be installed within or directly over a bathtub or shower stall.
• (IRC E4002.11)
• Switches shall not be installed within wet locations in the tub or shower spaces or within reach while standing in the tub or shower unless installed as part of the listed tub or shower assembly.
• (IRC E4001.7)
• See Code Reference.
ICC A117.1-2009 Reference
• See Access Standard 22 for specifications for placement within reach range.