• In addition to general lighting, task lighting should be provided for each functional area in the bathroom (e. g., grooming, showering).
• At least one wall switch-controlled light must be provided. The switch must be placed at the entrance of the bathroom.
• (IRC E3903.2)
• All light fixtures installed within tub and shower spaces should be marked "suitable for damp/ wet locations."
• (IRC E4003.9, 4003.10)
• Hanging fixtures cannot be located within a zone of 3 feet (914 mm) horizontally and 8 feet (2438 mm) vertically from the top of the bathtub rim or shower stall threshold.
• (IRC E4003.11)
• Task lighting at the vanity should be beside the mirror and at eye level, with the lamp not visible to the eye.
• Lighting controls should be between 15 inches and 48 inches (381 mm and 1219 mm) above the floor and operable with a closed fist and with minimal effort.
ICC A117.1-2009 Reference
• Operable parts should be operable with one hand and not require tight grasping, pinching, or twisting of the wrist. The force required to activate operable parts should be 5 pounds (2 kg) maximum.
• See Access Standard 22 for specifications for reach range for controls.